Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Big Piece of Peace

I have been intending for awhile to create some large paintings and recently got up my gumption to order some 24" X 30" canvases. And, yes, it did take some gumption. I'm always a little nervous starting a large painting - there's something a little bit daunting about tackling that big expanse of white canvas. I'm so glad I took on the challenge, though, because once I get started, it's a lot of fun!

Painting on a larger scale offers a wonderful opportunity to create drama, make a statement, or - my favorite possibility - to create a visual sanctuary, filled with calming colors and soothing scenery.

Here is the first of my new large paintings. I hope this one brings you a breath of cool, quiet air:



misty forest, foggy forest, forest, fog, mist, grey art, gray landscape art, foggy landscape painting, landscape painting, acrylic painting, gray nature art, landscape fine art, acrylic painting, misty landscape art
"Stream in a Foggy Forest"- Acrylic on Canvas - © Anna Bronwyn Foley, 2013

This piece was a delight to paint, and I'm looking forward to adding some more large paintings soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment